How To Measure For A Stair Runner
Courtesy of www.sisalrugs.com
- Measure the total width (A in the image above) of the stair. If you want some of the stair showing on each side of the runner, subtract the appropriate number of inches from the total width. As a rule of thumb, you’ll want about four inches of stair exposed on each side. This will give the stairs some visual contrast, creating an aesthetically pleasing look.
- Measure the stair riser height (B) from the bottom to the lip of the step.
- Measure the stair depth (C) from around the lip to the top of the riser.
- Count the number of risers and stair depths the rug will need to cover.
- Multiply the number of risers by the height of a single riser from step 2.
- Multiply the number of stair depths by the depth measurement from step 3.
- Add the totals from steps 5 and 6 for the total length of the runner.
See more at: www.sisalrugs.com
How To Install A Carpet Runner:
For all you do-it-yourselfers, click here for a comprehensive tutorial from HGTV.com on how to install a carpet runner.