Five reasons I love the Toronto Public Library:
1. Are you irritated by people who are critical or judgemental toward situations, groups and individuals they know nothing about? Me too. I love the Library, because it is the cure for all that. Know more…be better…act accordingly.
2. I love the Library because information is a human right, and everyone should have access to the internet. Regardless of economic circumstances.
3. I love the Library because art matters and if your situation prevents you from visiting The Louvre, the Library can bring The Louvre to you. What’s not to louvre about that?!
4. I believe in equity, diversity, intellectual freedom, innovation, inclusion, integrity, accountability and quality service – for everyone in Toronto. That’s why I love the Library…and why I’m running for Mayor! (JK…or am I?)
5. Because the written word has the power to transform, transcend and transport, but The Library isn’t just about books anymore! Knowledge can obliterate every boundary. The Library has the power…and the technology.
I love the library because its quiet. Shhhhhhhhh…!